The Association for Consulting Engineering in Nigeria, ACEN is an association of qualified and experienced consulting engineers who are registered by the Council for the Regulation of Engineering in Nigeria (COREN) and work full time in the area of consulting engineering. ACEN was incorporated in 1979.
AIMS & OBJECTIVES OF ACEN
The Association for Consulting Engineering in Nigeria, ACEN, was founded in 1972 and registered in 1979.Its objective is the Development of consulting engineering practice in Nigeria by the mobilization of private sector engineering consultants For the advancement of the consulting engineering sub-sector of the built environment industry. The focus of this effort Is to ensure that the highest level of technical competence and business ethics are brought to bear on the Nigerian people The profession in Nigeria. This will turn result in the highest level of quality of infrastructures for Nigerian people At the most cost-effective prices.
Firms that engage in consulting engineering practice in Nigeria are strongly implored to register with the Association of Consulting Engineers Nigeria – ACEN, because many benefits abound from such membership, amongst which are:
1. Automatic affiliation with International Federation of Consulting Engineers – FIDIC, Group of African Member Associations -GAMA
2. Stress-free accessibility to information on consulting engineering matters all over the world.
3. Guaranteed opportunities to participate in and promote the professional consulting engineering in Nigeria, including sourcing for works, technology development, training, continuous development, capacity building, enhanced image and recovery of fees.
4. Facilitation of the formation of consortium for the execution of projects and supporting member firms especially during lean periods, etc
UPDATED ACEN MEMBERSHIP REQUIREMENTS
ACEN Council has approved the following additional requirements that must be met by all intending members:
1. All applications shall be approved at Council sittings which now holds 4 times a year.
2. In addition to Directors of applying firms having COREN certification, they must also have valid practising licenses to make their firms eligible for membership of ACEN.
3. The existing 45-day cycle is amended to 90-days to ensure that claims contained in applications are duly verified.
4. Applicants are now to submit 2 designs carried out by their principals either in their firms or in previous firms within the last 3 years for verification.
5. Applicants are to submit a letter of reference duly signed by an ACEN member. All requirements for ACEN membership are available on ACEN website. The new 90-day membership cycle is attached for your guidance.
You can download forms below:-
ACEN Membership Form – Download
ACEN Membership Renewal Form – Download
ACEN Membership Renewal Guidelines – Download
ACEN Membership Requirements – Download
Young Professionals Forum Form – Download
or purchase application form at the ACEN Secretariat, 4th Floor, Wing B Plot 4, Oyetubo Street Off Obafemi Awolowo Way Ikeja -Lagos. +234 803 722 4842
Firm Member:- =N=120,000.00
REJECTED/UNAPPROVED APPLICATIONSIntending members whose applications are turned down can re-apply within one year at a cost of Twenty Thousand (=N=20,000.00) only. All re-application submitted after the one year period is accompanied by a full processing fee of One hundred and twenty thousand naira (=N=120,000.00) only
Members are requested to read the Renewal Guidelines as contents will be adhered to in assessing firms’ membership for renewal.
RENEWAL FEES: =N=10,000.00 (Ten thousand Naira only)